With more than 23 years experience in search and rescue, and medical emergency preparedness, First Aid Supplies Plus is your one stop first aid and public safety supply source. We combine a large and comprehensive product line, professional expertise with the convenience of one-stop-shopping to allow you to quickly and confidently select and purchase the products you need. We carry a wide range of products, including:
- First Aid Kits and Cabinets
- First Aid Supplies Refills
- Automated External Defibrillators
- School and Day Care First Aid Supplies
Visit us on the web or contact us by telephone at 1-888-385-6363 for fast ordering and shipping to any location in the United States, including Florida, California, Alaska and Hawaii.
Our Medic Response Health and Safety company provides safety supplies, training and service in the northern Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and West Virginia areas. We offer regional wilderness and first aid training classes regularly.
admin, August 5th 2011 |
Prepare yourself with the ten essentials for wilderness activities. If you are hiker, ranger, search and rescue group leader — being prepared is always important for the unknown wilderness emergencies.
Visit First Aid Supplies Plus and SAR Gear Plus to learn more about these products.
Map and Compass
Sunglasses and Sun Screen
Extra Food and Water, Water Tablets
Large Green Trash Bags
Extra Clothes, Bandanna, Rain Gear and Space Blanket
First Aid Kit, Personal Medications, Personal Hygiene
Headlamp and Flashlight
Fire Starter, Chemical Fire Starter cubs, Matches, Lighter
Knife, Multi Tool
Whistle on Lanyard
admin, January 23rd 2011 |
This training program is designed specifically for adults in the workplace and is a combination of CPR, AED, and basic first aid training. This program is designed specifically to arm laypersons with the minimum knowledge and skills necessary to provide emergency care for suddenly ill or injured adults during the usually brief interval between the incident and arrival of emergency medical care professionals.
Expanded information on bloodborne pathogens and emergency oxygen administration is included to enhance knowledge and understanding of these two important and related emergency care topics.
* Adult CPR – initial assessment, barriers to contamination, clearing airways, foreign body airway obstruction
* Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
* Basic First Aid – bleeding, shock, sudden illness, injury assessment, heat and cold related emergencies and specific body injuries
* Blood Borne Pathogens – the use pf personal protective equipment
* O2 (Oxygen) Administration – optional
Contact Medic Response at 703-449-5438 or visit us at our website where you will find information about medical emergency response training courses.
admin, January 23rd 2011 |
First Aid Supplies Plus is a privately owned metropolitan Washington DC based company with over 23 years in the fire and rescue field. Adding to our vast inventory of superior quality first aid safety and emergency products, and search and rescue gear, First Aid Supplies Plus would like to highlight our newest (SAR) search and rescue gear products:
Tang Sport And Energy, Space Saver Mug, Tang Sport and Energy, Blastmatch Fire Starter, Base Kit Orange, Sparkie Firestarters, Gatorade Powder Packets Energy Supplements, Field Cup Set, Uco Match Kit, Go Towels Toiletries, and Fox 40 Sharx Whistle
BASE KIT ORANGE: This ultralight waterproof kit contains the essentials to start a fire and signal help. Kit includes: Sparkie fire starter, WetFire tinder, Starflash Signal Mirror, JetScream whistle, and waterproof storage bag. Weighs only 2.4 oz!
We deliver locally in the Washington DC metropolitan area, and serve the rest of the United States through our Internet based First Aid Supplies Plus company. Contact us online, or call 1-888-385-6363 for additional information about our products.
admin, December 28th 2010 |
Do you remember a time when you were out of a first-aid supply and you really regretted it?
A well-stocked first aid kit is essential for emergency preparedness at home, at the ball field, on the job and at the office. Your first aid kit may be your medicine cabinet. Not only is it important to have a well-stocked first aid kit, you need to make sure the items are not out of date or expired.
First Aid Supplies Plus has everything you need to stock or replace important items in your first aid kit or medicine cabinet. Visit our First-Aid Supplies, Kits and Cabinets page for more information about new or refill kits.
The American Red Cross recommends the following items be in a kit that will be used for the medical needs of a family of four people:
- 2 absorbent compress dressings (5 x 9 inches)
- 25 adhesive bandages (assorted sizes)
- 1 adhesive cloth tape (10 yards x 1 inch)
- 5 antibiotic ointment packets (approximately 1 gram)
- 5 antiseptic wipe packets
- 2 packets of aspirin (81 mg each)
- 1 blanket (space blanket)
- 1 breathing barrier (with one-way valve)
- 1 instant cold compress
- 2 pair of nonlatex gloves (size: large)
- 2 hydrocortisone ointment packets (approximately 1 gram each)
- 1 roller bandage (3 inches wide)
- 1 roller bandage (4 inches wide)
- 5 sterile gauze pads (3 x 3 inches)
- 5 sterile gauze pads (4 x 4 inches)
- Oral thermometer (non-mercury/nonglass)
- 2 triangular bandages
- First aid instruction booklet
admin, December 21st 2010 |